Dallas Asylum Attorney
Obtaining Asylum Through the Immigration Process
The United States allows for asylum - the protection to refugees from another country - when an individual believes they will be persecuted or threatened in their home country due to reasons which include:
- Religious beliefs
- Political beliefs
- Membership in a particular social group
There are no restrictions on who is eligible for this type of relief, as long as the foregoing reasons apply to the applicant. A Dallas immigration attorney can assist you with preparing the correct administrative documents necessary within the time periods required to qualify.
Asylum Application Process
Criteria required for asylum are complex and require extensive documentation to prove asylum status, including such things as newspaper articles supporting persecution, proof of abuse of the applicant, police reports proving violence against the applicant and others. The procedure is lengthy and requires certain exact steps be performed in a timely manner in order to ensure success. Documentation from the applicant directly includes:
- Foreign national's birth certificate or legitimate form of identification
- If applying with a spouse, valid marriage certificate
- If already inside the U.S., a copy of passport and form I-94
- Three passport photos on a white background
- If applying with children under 21 years of age, evidence of the children's relationship to the applicant as well as their birth certificates and other information
- Written affidavit from the foreign national delineating the problems they have encountered in their native country and the reason why they cannot return there.
The Mathur Law Offices has extensive experience in helping immigrants obtain varying types of visas and legal status. As an immigrant himself, the founding partner, Mr. Mathur, understands full well the difficulties you may be going through in your life when being persecuted by your own country. Our legal team will work hard to assist you in obtaining asylum as quickly and effectively as possible.
Contact a Dallas Asylum Lawyer
if you are in need of protection against persecution from your native country.