Employment Based Visas
Dallas Immigration Lawyer
For those individuals who are seeking to work legally in the United States, an employment based visa is available. In order to be able to apply, a foreign national must comply with U.S. immigration laws and procedures. There are approximately a minimum of 140,000 employment-based visas available yearly through the Immigration and Nationality Act. If you are seeking to work in the United States, a Dallas immigration attorney can assist you with a legal work visa so that your employment in the U.S. is legal.
The procedure for obtaining this type of visa can be complex and requires an understanding of immigration laws. At the Mathur Law Offices our founding partner is himself an immigrant and prides himself on helping those who wish to pursue the American dream through legal means.
Procedure for Employment Visa Application
Whether you are applying for an employment visa because you have a permanent employment opportunity waiting for you in the U.S. or if you are an employer wishing to sponsor someone, the steps required include the following:
- Determination whether the foreign national is eligible for permanent residency under the lawful procedures as outlined by the USCIS.
- A labor certification request form (Form ETA 9089) filled out by the employer for the foreign national, and submitted to the Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration.
- Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker, must be approved by the USCIS as submitted by the employer sponsoring the foreign national.
- The State Department must issue the applicant an immigrant visa number.
- If the person applying for the Employment Visa is already in the U.S., they must apply for permanent resident status when a visa number becomes available.
When it is beneficial for an employer or foreign national to work in the United States, obtaining a legal Employment Visa is vital for a secure working relationship. Our firm has many years of experience assisting both employers and employees with the complex task of filing the correct paperwork and getting it through the system. Let us assist you in the application process.
Contact a Dallas Immigration Attorney
for experienced legal assistance in obtaining an Employment Visa.