Immigration Attorney in Dallas
E1 - Treaty Trader Visa
An employment visa for those who work in investments is called an E1 Treaty Trader Visa. Many companies are now becoming global economies and require the skills and talent from other countries. For our professional clients who require international workers, a Dallas immigration lawyer from the Mathur Law Offices is available to provide the legal advice and skill needed to pursue this type of visa. With the complexities involved in securing this type of visa, retaining our qualified legal team to assist you is necessary in this competitive market.
Requirements for an E1 Treaty Trader Visa
When applying for an E-1 Visa, a foreign national must be a professional who is seeking to conduct "substantial trade in goods or services in a capacity that is supervisory or executive or involves essential skills." In order to qualify, you must be a citizen of a country that is part of the Country with Trade Treaties (CTT) in addition to meeting all of the following requirements:
- Either you or your firm participates in CTT, with at least 50% of a company's stock owned by individuals in a CTT
- Entry into the U.S. is conducted in order to carry on more than 50% of the company's trade between the CTT country and the U.S.
- Existing trade is already occurring when application for the E-1 status is applied for.
- Your services for the company are as an executive or manager and you possess skills that are essentials to your employer's operations
- Written confirmation that the applicant will leave the U.S. should the status as an executive or manager end.
Visas for treaty traders expire. Mexico has an E-1 visa good for a period of six months, while most other countries have a five year visa period, although they are granted in one or two year increments. Our firm has a long history of assisting employers and employees alike in obtaining work visas. Because this is a very specialized area involving international issues, consulting with our knowledgeable firm will ensure you obtain the legal advice you need and the effective administration of your visa application.
Contact a Dallas Immigration Attorney
for experienced legal assistance in obtaining treaty trader visa.