Immigration Attorney in Dallas
Student Visas - Reinstatement of Status
A foreign national student is allowed to study in the United States when they have obtained a legal student visa. However, there are circumstances when the student may lose their student visa for a variety of reasons and need to apply for reinstatement. A Dallas immigration attorney can assist with this procedure, which can be difficult to do. At the Mathur Law Offices, our immigration lawyers are well-versed in immigration law and the best methods of obtaining visas for our clients. Through thorough documentation and accurate applications, we work hard to help you with your reinstatement.
Violations Leading to Loss of a Student Visa
There can be various reasons for the loss of a student visa. Some of these include:
- Did not attend school
- Did not maintain a full-time schedule
- Did not attend school listed on your I-20 form
- Did not inform the International Division of a change of address in a timely manner
- Allowed your I-20 form to expire
In order to apply for reinstatement, a person must meet strict guidelines. Some of these include:
- Apply for reinstatement within five months of being out of status
- No record of repeated and flagrant violations of immigration regulations
- The student did not obtain unlawful employment
- Currently pursuing a full course of study or intending to in the near future at the school listed on the I-20
- No other grounds for deportation exist
- Establishing to the USCIS that either the violation occurred due to circumstances beyond the student's control or the student's course load was reduced but likely would have been approved by an authorized agent if extreme hardship could have been shown.
Obtaining reinstatement is not a simple thing to do. You need an experienced and knowledgeable immigration attorney to assist you with the procedure in order to have the best chance of successfully having your student visa reinstated. Our office has helped many in similar situations and will work diligently on your behalf.
Contact a Dallas Immigration Lawyer for assistance with reinstatement of your student visa.